www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: config/781: Certain Browsers cannot access multiple virtualhosts configured w/same ip address
Date Wed, 25 Jun 1997 17:00:04 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/781; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Jose de Leon <jadiel@thevision.net>
Subject: Re: config/781: Certain Browsers cannot access multiple virtualhosts configured w/same
ip address
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:59:19 -0600 (MDT)

 On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Jose de Leon wrote:

 > Thank you for your reply, Marc!
 >
 > I realized the problem I was experiencing and began with one domain to test
 > with (www.cimaged.com) and used its assigned IP for cimaged.com in which
 > www is a DNS A record pointing to the assigned IP for cimaged.com (should I
 > use a CNAME instead?).   Can Apache do both non-IP virtual hosting and IP
 > based virtual hosting in the same instance?  Is that the problem I'm
 > having?

 Apache can do both non-IP virtual hosting and IP based virtual hosting
 without problems.

 I still do not see any problem with www.cimaged.com or cimaged.com.  You
 keep changing what you say is having problems without giving the full
 details of what is happening with what servers and what you consider a
 problem.  This wastes time for everyone.

 Bug reports are not really designed for asking configuration questions.