www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: config/781: Certain Browsers cannot access multiple virtualhosts configured w/same ip address (fwd)
Date Wed, 25 Jun 1997 17:50:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/781; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: config/781: Certain Browsers cannot access multiple virtualhosts configured w/same
ip address (fwd)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:49:27 -0600 (MDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:40:56 -0700
 From: Jose de Leon <jadiel@thevision.net>
 To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
 Subject: Re: config/781: Certain Browsers cannot access multiple virtualhosts configured
w/same ip address

 Hello Marc!

 Sorry to take up your time, but what appeared to be a bug with Apache is
 actually a bug with Netscape 1.22.

 After I made the required changes to used the assigned IP for cimaged.com
 with Apache and still did not see any change on how netscape viewed the
 site.  I tried flushing Netscape's disk and memory cache to no avail.  I
 restarted netscape with no  positive result.  I deleted netscapes
 configuration files, .hst, .tpl.  you name it..no dice didn't see
 www.cimaged.com.

 I then restarted Windows, went back into netscape and it worked for the
 first time.  It appears that netscape 1.22 is relying on some cached
 information that is persistent within Windows.

 Thanks for your time, problem resolved.
 Jose de Leon

 ----------
 > From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
 > To: Jose de Leon <jadiel@thevision.net>
 > Cc: apbugs@apache.org
 > Subject: Re: config/781: Certain Browsers cannot access multiple
 virtualhosts configured w/same ip address
 > Date: Wednesday, June 25, 1997 9:59 AM
 >
 > On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Jose de Leon wrote:
 >
 > > Thank you for your reply, Marc!
 > >
 > > I realized the problem I was experiencing and began with one domain to
 test
 > > with (www.cimaged.com) and used its assigned IP for cimaged.com in
 which
 > > www is a DNS A record pointing to the assigned IP for cimaged.com
 (should I
 > > use a CNAME instead?).   Can Apache do both non-IP virtual hosting and
 IP