www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From George Carrette <george_carre...@iacnet.com>
Subject general/793: RLimitCPU and RLimitMEM don't apply to all children like they should
Date Thu, 26 Jun 1997 20:10:01 GMT

>Number:         793
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       RLimitCPU and RLimitMEM don't apply to all children like they should
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
In running some buggy perl scripts using the Apache Perl Module I noticed
that RLimitCPU and RLimitMEM were not helping prevent run-away
programs from chewing up horrible amounts of system resources.

>How-To-Repeat:
Just use a perl script with an infinite loop of some kind,
eating memory for good measure.

>Fix:
Modify the function child_main in the file http_main.c
so that it calls the setrlimit functions.

I have made these modifications myself, creating a common
procedure which can be called by child_main and call_exec
so as to minimize codesize and duplication in the source.

My apache patches are available at
http://cpartner.iacnet.com/apache/

Please forgive the fact that the above web site is
running old Netscape software :-).

%0