www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: general/795: a flood of signals can confuse reclaim_child_processes()
Date Fri, 27 Jun 1997 08:10:18 GMT
It sucks to have to use gettimeofday() to find out how long select() took.
I wonder if reclaim_child_processes is really necessary now that we've
eliminated many of the race conditions involving signals.

Oh yeah this definately happens, I've done a "while 1; kill -HUP" loop and
I see the errors in the log occasionally.  But I haven't been worried
about it yet.  masking is probably the best solution.

Dean