www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Zach Frey <...@one.com>
Subject config/866: Compile error in http_core.c, function set_rlimit()
Date Tue, 15 Jul 1997 15:00:03 GMT

>Number:         866
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Compile error in http_core.c, function set_rlimit()
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Release:        1.2.1
>Environment:
I am using LynxOS 2.4.0 on a Pentium Pro system.

% uname -a
LynxOS buyo 2.4.0 091096 i386

The compiler is the delivered gcc that comes with the system:

% gcc --version
2.6-94q4

I am not able to compile Apache 1.2.1 under LynxOS 2.4.0.

Here is the error:

gcc -c -Iregex  -O2 -DLYNXOS -DSTATUS -DNEED_RLIM_T -DHAVE_SYS_RESOURCE_H  http_core.c
http_core.c: In function `set_rlimit':
http_core.c:1046: error: syntax error before `cur'
http_core.c:1060: error: `cur' undeclared (first use this function)
http_core.c:1060: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
http_core.c:1060: error: for each function it appears in.)
http_core.c:1069: error: `max' undeclared (first use this function)
make: *** [http_core.o] Error 1

In order to get this far, I had to change WANTHSREGEX to yes in Configuration.
After that, I got this compile error on line 1046 of http_core.c.  I added the
-DNEED_RLIM_T and -DHAVE_SYS_RESOURCE_H flags to EXTRA_CFLAGS to try to fix
this, but it does not seem to help.

I think that NEED_RLIM_T will be necessary, because LynxOS header files do
not define it.  There is a /usr/include/sys/resource.h header file that includes
a struct rlimit definition.  I have verified that this defintion is visible to
the compiler by using gcc -E to check the preprocessed output.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

%0