www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Clinton Work <w...@cadvision.com>
Subject documentation/879: The manual says AIX has a hard limit of 128 descriptors when its 2000
Date Thu, 17 Jul 1997 19:20:03 GMT

>Number:         879
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       The manual says AIX has a hard limit of 128 descriptors when its 2000
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The document manual/misc/descriptors.html says this about AIX:

AIX version ??
      AIX appears to have a hard limit of 128 descriptors. End of story.

I'm currently running 620 virtual web servers on AIX 4.1.5 so this is
abviously wrong. I have checked the headers files and the hard limit
should be 2000. The hard limit for AIX 3.2 might be 128.

>How-To-Repeat:
Compile Apache 1.2.1 on AIX 4.1 and add a whole wack of virtaul web
servers.
>Fix:
Change the documentation. :-%2