www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Stefan Wengi <...@AdNovum.ch>
Subject apache-api/1360: please add an initializer for child processes to the module entry table
Date Wed, 05 Nov 1997 09:21:02 GMT

>Number:         1360
>Category:       apache-api
>Synopsis:       please add an initializer for child processes to the module entry table
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
We're currently facing the problem that certain initialization work can only be done in the
child server processes. Because such kind of initialization can be very time consuming we
want it to be  executed before the first request arrives in the handler.
To solve this problem we suggest to add an entry to the module table which would server as
an 'init child hook'.