www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Raju Gadiraju <ra...@nortel.ca>
Subject other/1374: compiling mod_servlet.c gives warning. Then make fails because of this.
Date Thu, 06 Nov 1997 14:37:53 GMT

>Number:         1374
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       compiling mod_servlet.c gives warning. Then make fails because of this.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I downloaded JSDK1.0.1 from Sun. I've put mod_servlet.c in the
src/ directory. When I compile I get the foll. warning.
    % mod_servlet.c:728: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

I've placed "Module servlet_module      mod_servlet.o" just above the line
	"Module browser_module      mod_browser.o" in the Configuration file
in the src directory.

After the warning, 'make' command fails like this:
  gcc -c -Iregex  -O2 -DSOLARIS2   mod_browser.c
  gcc    -o httpd alloc.o http_main.o http_core.o http_config.o http_request.o  http_log.o
http_protocol.o rfc1413.o util.o util_script.o modules.o buff.o md5c.o util_md5.o explain.o
http_bprintf.o util_date.o util_snprintf.o mod_env.o  mod_log_config.o  mod_mime.o  mod_negotiation.o
 mod_include.o  mod_dir.o  mod_cgi.o  mod_asis.o  mod_imap.o  mod_actions.o  mod_userdir.o
 mod_alias.o  mod_access.o  mod_auth.o  mod_servlet.o  mod_browser.o regex/libregex.a  -lsocket
-lnsl
  read_client_block                   mod_servlet.o
  ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to httpd
  *** Error code 1
  make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `httpd'

>How-To-Repeat:
Download JSDK1.0.1 from the Sun WebSite. Put it in the src/ directory for
Apache. 1) Foll. the instructions and add servlet_module to the Configuration file.
	2) Run Configure.
	3) Run make.