www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-linux/1612: compile warnings, compiled object will not execute [no log entries produced]
Date Fri, 02 Jan 1998 05:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-linux/1612; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: steven filling <steven@panopticon.csustan.edu>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: os-linux/1612: compile warnings, compiled object will not execute [no log entries
produced]
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 21:30:58 -0800 (PST)

 I'd say wait for 1.3b4, I made a few changes in this area... and you
 should probably upgrade to glibc 2.0.6.  I've actually been able to get it
 to compile and run on an alpha redhat 5.0 system without any extra tweaks.
 But the system wasn't put together by me so it's possible the owner
 already made some suggested tweak.

 If you're brave you can edit the src/main/conf.h file, find the LINUX
 section and hardcode the NET_SIZE_T define to socklen_t instead of size_t.
 See if that works.

 Actually your best bet is probably to ask in one of the redhat newsgroups
 for help.  We'll certainly want to support it by the time we do 1.3
 release, but right now redhat 5.0 and glibc are in a bit too new and not
 done moving yet.

 Dean