www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Steven Buehler <...@sbcomp.net>
Subject os-windows/1641: Apache not returning correct line feeds
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 21:23:00 GMT

>Number:         1641
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Apache not returning correct line feeds
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
On Win95 perl for win 32 with the latest perl version 5.003_07 Build 315.  When
running a script from the command line, it runs fine.  When running thru the
Windows95 ported Apache 1.3b3, the new lines in the script \n do not give new
line feeds.  I have tried \r\n  and \n\n and it still will not give any line
feeds when displayed on the browser.
>How-To-Repeat:
Hello World! Hello World! Hello World! Hello World!
That is the results of the following script when run thru Apache 1.3b3:
#!c:\perl\bin\perl.exe
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Hello World!\n";
print "Hello World!\n\n";
print "Hello World!\n\n\n";
print "Hello World!\r\n";

As you see, there are NO line feeds given returned in the browser.  When run
from a shell, it runs correctly.