www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Malte Starostik <malte.staros...@berlin.snafu.de>
Subject os-windows/1643: making the server console hideable
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 23:48:26 GMT

>Number:         1643
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       making the server console hideable
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I would strongly recommend to make apache's console window hideable, because when permanently
running the server while working with the system (for use on a small intranet with no designated
server), the omnipresent console (at least minimized in the task bar) isn't very neat.
>How-To-Repeat:
just start the server under Win95
>Fix:
I would suggest to build the executables (resp. write the sources) to run in GUI mode instead
and make the server window accesible e.g. through the task bar notification area.

Than