www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject general/1119: Some transfers to distant sites terminate with graphics incomplete.
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1119; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: new-httpd@apache.org
Cc: wikne@lynx.uio.no, apbugs@apache.org
Subject: general/1119: Some transfers to distant sites terminate with graphics incomplete.
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 20:45:59 -0800 (PST)

 If you use SAFE_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT and a single socket then there's no
 accept() serialization so you wouldn't trigger a pthread mutex problem.

 I wonder if 1.3 fixes PR#1119.  1.3 again has different network behaviour
 over 1.2... and 1.2 certainly has different behaviour over 1.1.

 I wonder if PR#1119 is related to the bug I've fixed in 1.3 that causes
 the last packet of a transfer to be delayed waiting for the hostname
 lookup to complete.  This bug, which I'd been considering a performance
 problem only, exists in 1.2 because of the changes to improve pipelined
 HTTP/1.1 connections.  It doesn't exist in 1.1 because 1.1 bflush()s all
 over the place.

 I've cc'd the PR#1119 submitter... Jon could you try disabling
 HostnameLookups (or try 1.3b3) and see if the problem goes away?  If so
 I'll try to backport the fix from 1.3 to 1.2.

 Dean