www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Alex Tutubalin <l...@lexa.ru>
Subject mod_proxy/1647: ProxyPass cannot 'pass' files with extensions covered by AddHandler
Date Sat, 10 Jan 1998 17:40:56 GMT

>Number:         1647
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       ProxyPass cannot 'pass' files with extensions covered by AddHandler
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Assume, we have following setup:

AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
ProxyPass /somedir  http://otherserver/somedir2

In this case, request to /somedir/file.html will be redirected
to http://otherserver/somedir2/file.html, but request to
/somedir/file.shtml will be handled locally (by server-parsed handler
in present case). I think, this behavior is not correct
>How-To-Repeat:
Add two lines from my sample setup to your httpd.conf
>Fix:
The problem is produced by mod_proxy and mod_mime interferention
I.e. proxy_trans() function sets request handler to 'proxy-server',
which is correct. Later (on type-checking stage) find_ct() (from
mod_proxy) tries to find handler for this type. If this check fails,
original handler (proxy-server) will restores, but if such handler
exists then it becomes 'The Only' handler.

I'm not an Apache architect, so I cannot propose how to fix this
behavior by right way