www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite/1644: mod_rewrite doesn't add Vary header field elements
Date Sat, 10 Jan 1998 20:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_rewrite/1644; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Bob Halley <halley@Vix.Com>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_rewrite/1644: mod_rewrite doesn't add Vary header field elements
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 12:21:40 -0800 (PST)

 Actually I think this should still be under the control of the user -- and
 there should be a flag for the rhs that says "set a Vary header for this".
 No, scratch that, do it in the negative sense so that users have to rtfm
 to get rid of the Vary.  So like this:

 RewriteCond %{HTTP_FOOBAR} regex [NV=foobar]

 Would mean no Vary on Foobar necessary.  But without the NV it would
 automatically vary on foobar.

 Then there's only a few dozen other places where we need to do vary
 automatically... mod_include and mod_setenvif/mod_browser come to mind
 immediately.

 Dean