www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brian Hess <br...@usaonramp.net>
Subject general/1657: Multiple <Files> or <FilesMatch> in .htaccess
Date Mon, 12 Jan 1998 15:00:35 GMT

>Number:         1657
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Multiple <Files> or <FilesMatch> in .htaccess
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Trying to use the file level permissions in .htaccess and it only accepts the last entry.
 For example my .htaccess:

AuthType Basic
AuthName Stats
AuthUserFile /etc/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /etc/.htgroup

<Files ~ "file1.9*|mrtg*">
require user user1
</Files>

<Files file2.html>
require group group1
</Files>

In this scenario it ends up only looking at the 'require group group1' and
it gives me access to the entire directory.