www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Lars Kellogg-Stedman <l...@bu.edu>
Subject os-irix/1945: Apache logs endlessly to error_log and never starts up.
Date Fri, 13 Mar 1998 18:51:45 GMT

>Number:         1945
>Category:       os-irix
>Synopsis:       Apache logs endlessly to error_log and never starts up.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Compiling the 1.3b5 source without any non-distribution modules, and using either
my own *.conf files or the distribution *.conf files, apache fills up
error_log with:

[Fri Mar 13 13:07:13 1998] [alert] (2)No such file or directory: getpwuid: couldn't determine
user name from uid

This will continue indefinately until the apache processes are killed.  Apache
1.2.5 works fine in the same directory using the same config files.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
No.  However, while trying to diagnose the problem I ran into problems with
the -X switch -- as far as I can tell, apache is getting as far as accept_mutex_init
(via the SAFE_ACCEPT call in standalone_main) and is exiting after the sem_get
call.
%0