www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jon Backstrom <vik...@iowa.net>
Subject mod_log-any/1947: RefererIgnore Directive (NCSA compatible) needs case check...
Date Fri, 13 Mar 1998 22:05:53 GMT

>Number:         1947
>Category:       mod_log-any
>Synopsis:       RefererIgnore Directive (NCSA compatible) needs case check...
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
This is something I would like to see added...we use the
RefererLog and RefererIgnore quite a bit to filter our logs
and I noticed that there is no case insensitive way to
check the URL in RefererIgnore.  Any variation of upper/lower
case letters in the URL get's logged as an outside request.

If I get this implemented, can I be a contributor?  :-)
>How-To-Repeat:
Set up RefererLog and RefererIgnore directives and then
call the web URL with variations in upper/lower case letters.
Only the exact match is filtered out.
>Fix:
Perhaps a "tolower()" type of function for everything in
front of the first file path in the URL%3