www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From karr...@tis.mt.com (Lukas Karrer)
Subject Re: mod_proxy/1942: CONNECT Problem with SSL Proxy
Date Tue, 17 Mar 1998 11:08:32 GMT
Hi Marc

> From marc@hyperreal.org Mon Mar 16 19:42:16 1998
> Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 19:39:56 +0100
> To: karrerl@tis.mt.com
> From: marc@hyperreal.org (by way of Lukas Karrer)
> Subject: Re: mod_proxy/1942: CONNECT Problem with SSL Proxy
>
> From: marc@hyperreal.org
> Date: 13 Mar 1998 18:52:33 -0000
> To: apache-bugdb@apache.org, lkarrer@trash.net, marc@apache.org
> Subject: Re: mod_proxy/1942: CONNECT Problem with SSL Proxy
>
> Synopsis: CONNECT Problem with SSL Proxy
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
> State-Changed-By: marc
> State-Changed-When: Fri Mar 13 10:52:33 PST 1998
> State-Changed-Why:
> What do you mean by "parts of the document" timeout?
> Do you mean that a single file isn't fully downloaded, or
> that some of the files required for a page (eg. images)
> aren't downloaded at all?
>
> Is there anything in the error log?
>
> This is probably a problem with your firewall, but it is hard
> to debug because we can't try replicating the situation...

You bet it is....

Well, I recompiled apache (1.3b5 w.o. patches since they do not seem to have
any Impact on my Problem AFAIK)

To sum up again: ProxyRemote our-fw-ip works for http
but not for https

ProxyRemote our-old-cern-proxy works for http AND https
(old Proxy connects to our fw too)

httpd writes into the logfile:

> [Tue Mar 17 11:48:24 1998] [notice] httpd: caught SIGSEGV, attempting to dump
> core in /home/karrerl/apache-bin

Whenever I connect to a https server, Netscape brings up the
'Document contains no Data' Error

I know that it is quite hard to find a solution to such a problem. If you can
tell me how to debug that situation, I will be more than willing to help you
and contribute sth. to the apache project.

BTW. Sorry that our first report was quite unclear. My Boss did the report in
a hurry.

PS: I did some snooping on our network, but could not find anything obvious
that could be wrong with the Protocoll between proxy and client.

Regards

Lukas Karrer

Lukas Karrer               Email: karrerl@tis.mt.com  Mettler-Toledo AG
System Manager Assist.     Phone: ++41 1 944 26 06    8606 Naenikon, Switz.
"Beyond Weighing"          FAX:   ++41 1 944 27 90    http://www.mt.com
I'm not Mettler-Toledo's spokesman, I just try to do my job as well as I can