www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy/1942: CONNECT Problem with SSL Proxy (fwd)
Date Wed, 18 Mar 1998 15:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_proxy/1942; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_proxy/1942: CONNECT Problem with SSL Proxy (fwd)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 08:15:22 -0700 (MST)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:22:18 +0100
 From: Lukas Karrer <karrerl@tis.mt.com>
 To: marcs@znep.com
 Subject: Re: mod_proxy/1942: CONNECT Problem with SSL Proxy

 Hi,

 > Do you have a core dump in the directory referenced?  If not, use the
 > CoreDumpDirectory directive to change it to a directory that the user
 > Apache runs as can write to, then see if you can get a core.  First
 > compile your binary with '-g' in the EXTRA_CFLAGS.

 Well, I recompiled Apache with the -g option.
 BUT, I cant get it to dump core! I startet httpd -d doc-root and set doc-root
 to 777 Mode. The Server didn't write the core file. I then created /test
 (also 777) on my machin (Local dir, no nis/nfs) set the CoreDumpDirectory
 to /test. Apache wrote in the error-file, that it is dumping core in /test
 but nothing happend....
 Do you have any hints. I know we won't get much further if we do not have at
 least a core dump.

 > Do you have a debugger (gdb or dbx, etc.) on the system?  Do you know how
 > to use it to see where it seems to be dying?

 We have gdb installed, but I never have used it to that extent.

 My programming skills are basic (limited to what I am learning at the
 University) so I wont be to much help to you in that direction. But I am willing
 / test whatever is needed in our environment.

 TIA

 Lukas

 Lukas Karrer               Email: karrerl@tis.mt.com  Mettler-Toledo AG
 System Manager Assist.     Phone: ++41 1 944 26 06    8606 Naenikon, Switz.
 "Beyond Weighing"          FAX:   ++41 1 944 27 90    http://www.mt.com
 I'm not Mettler-Toledo's spokesman, I just try to do my job as well as I can