www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: general/1967: Server parent process fails when multiple SIGUSR1's caught
Date Wed, 18 Mar 1998 19:00:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1967; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: David Pisoni <david@cnation.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: general/1967: Server parent process fails when multiple SIGUSR1's caught
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 11:13:01 -0800 (PST)

 On 18 Mar 1998, David Pisoni wrote:

 > My daily log cycling program follows this procedure :
 > rename logfile
 > touch file in logfile's place
 > kill SIGUSR1 server
 > sleep 5

 I am able to do:

 while 1
     kill -USR1 pid-of-parent
 end

 Without a problem... on various kernels and libc combos.  So I'm having a
 hard time believing this report is as simple as you suggest...  I don't
 know if I've ever done it with libc 5.4.33, but I know 5.4.44 works fine.

 Do you have any non-standard modules installed?

 Is this a redhat system?  Have you removed all the crap killall stuff that
 redhat's tools do?  Look in /etc/rc.d/init.d for an apache script which
 does a killall -9 (yup, a -9).  Look in /etc/logrotate.d for another
 script which does a killall -HUP... and so on.

 Dean