www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Lars Kellogg-Stedman <l...@bu.edu>
Subject Re: os-irix/1945: Apache logs endlessly to error_log and never starts up.
Date Fri, 13 Mar 1998 19:30:15 GMT
> I will ask again, as I already asked in response to your
> Usenet query:

I will respond again, as I already did to your usenet query.

> Where are your config files?

> Are you sure you have Apache set to use the right config files?
> Where are the config files that you think it should be using?
> What do you have it compiled to use?

It's using the config files in /usr/local/apache/conf.  I have not changed
the compiled-in defaults.  I have tried it with both the distributed
*.conf files and with my own with the same results (but you already knew
thisk, because I told you).

> What is the username specified in your config file for the User
> directive?

nobody

(Which follows from the fact that I had the problem with the *.conf files
distributed with Apache)

>Is there an entry in the passwd file for it?

Yes.  Thank you.  This is what I was looking for.  Removing the duplicate
user entry (which, incidentally, caused no problems for 1.2.5) fixed this
problem...and introduced another.

Now, httpd exits immediately with the follow error in the logs:

  semget: No space left on device

Which, I suppose, beats an endless loop.

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman * lars@bu.edu * (617)353-8277
Office of Information Technology, Boston University