www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rob Akroyd <rob...@sysdeco.co.uk>
Subject mod_imap/2025: Can a .map file return the selected point to a cgi program ?
Date Wed, 01 Apr 1998 11:36:12 GMT

>Number:         2025
>Category:       mod_imap
>Synopsis:       Can a .map file return the selected point to a cgi program ?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I wish to view an OS mapsheet (GIF), click on it, and return the coordinates
within the image to a cgi program so that I may work out the OS coordinates of
the point clicked in order to query a database via DBI.

Is there a way, via the default option to add the value of the point selected.
Obviously I could create a massive .map file (500x500) for each pixel and
add a ?x=1&y=1 ... ?x=500&y=500 to the http address desired, but I think there
must be an easier way to simply pass the point on to the cgi program.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
If there isn't currently a way of doing this, would it be possible to add
a parameter(s) to the default option