www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Larry Breyer <bre...@breyer.com>
Subject config/2036: Appears to confuse DocumentRoot with ServerRoot
Date Sun, 05 Apr 1998 08:43:55 GMT

>Number:         2036
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Appears to confuse DocumentRoot with ServerRoot
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
If I compile Apache with the GNU gcc compiler, everything works properly.
But if I compile with Suns cc compiler, error_log indicates httpd is looking
for icons and cgi scripts in /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/icons and
/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/cgi-bin, instead of /usr/local/etc/httpd/icons
and /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin, respectively.
>How-To-Repeat:
I have experienced this problem on four SPARC boxes.
>Fix:
I suppose you could install the GNU compiler everywhere