www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jules Bean <jm...@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: os-solaris/2016: Under some circumstances files 'break' - and remain so.
Date Mon, 06 Apr 1998 14:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/2016; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
To: dgaudet@hyperreal.org
Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org, dgaudet@apache.org, apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-solaris/2016: Under some circumstances files 'break' - and remain so.
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 15:25:43 +0100 (BST)

 On 1 Apr 1998 dgaudet@hyperreal.org wrote:

 > Yeah this really looks like a solaris 2.4 bug... you should
 > probably start by applying any recommended 2.4 patches.  You
 > could upgrade to 2.6 ... but you shouldn't need to go that far.

 Yeah, well, I'd been advising them to for a while anyway.  The upgrade to
 2.6 has gone through, and the problem has vanished.  Indeed, performance
 has also improved by almost an order of magnitude...

 I regret not being able to investigate the problem as fully as I would
 like to, but time is pressured, and I have to move on...

 I advise anyone out there using 2.4 to move on to 2.6...

 Yours,

 Jules Bean