www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: os-sunos/2044: Fatal error: Command failed for target `alloc.o' during the make process
Date Tue, 07 Apr 1998 18:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-sunos/2044; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Malcolm Nooning <nooninm@dps-server.pgh.wec.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: os-sunos/2044: Fatal error: Command failed for target `alloc.o'  during the make
process
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 11:23:15 -0700 (PDT)

 If I had to take a wild guess, which I will, you've installed a gcc which
 doesn't match the header files on solaris 2.4.  Maybe one built against
 2.5, or maybe one built against a much earlier beta version of 2.4 (there
 was a gcc binary floating around like this for a long time).

 This isn't an apache bug, __builtin_va_list is gcc talking to itself, and
 if it doesn't have the definition somewhere then gcc is missing or has the
 wrong header files.

 Dean