www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Robert Klohr <...@whitehorsestudios.com>
Subject os-solaris/2176: Error #1 in object alloc.o during complie
Date Sun, 03 May 1998 02:31:55 GMT

>Number:         2176
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       Error #1 in object alloc.o during complie
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Complie will end with a FATAL ERROR #1 in alloc.o.  Running make with verbose output showed
that the error was in a header file called stat.h.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I was able to "fix" this by renaming the stat.h file in /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-sun-solaris2.6/2.4.5/include/sys
directory of gcc and then replacing it with stat.h from /usr/include/sys. As far as I can
tell this second file is part of the Solaris distribution.  After this the complie finished
with no warnings or errors and seems to fucntion with no problems.