www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jinsoo Hwang <jshw...@anova.inha.ac.kr>
Subject general/2199: couldn't start apache webserver using apachectl
Date Thu, 07 May 1998 04:52:11 GMT

>Number:         2199
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       couldn't start apache webserver using apachectl
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Based on INSTALL instruction, I do not have to fix the permission or whatever
before trying PREFIX/sbin/apachectl start to test the new webserver.
But I got two obstacles...
One: They ask me to manually set the ServerName on my httpd.conf...
Two: fopen Permission denied error... couldnot open error_logs /usr/local/apache..

I have installed the webserver as root user BTW.