www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/2202: .cgi programs in user directories run without suexec (fwd)
Date Thu, 07 May 1998 22:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/2202; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/2202: .cgi programs in user directories run   without suexec (fwd)
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 16:14:48 -0600 (MDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 15:07:44 -0700
 From: "J. M. Hinkle" <jhinkle@rockisland.com>
 To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
 Subject: Re: general/2202: .cgi programs in user directories run   without suexec

 Thank you very much for your reply!
 At 02:23 PM 5/7/98 -0600, you wrote:
 > .... CGIs run as they always have [ in userdirs ] on
 >nearly every Unix web server in the history of the web.

   Something new every day..... I always thought that cgi was permissible
 only from ServerRoot until suexec came along.  I always used suexec here,
 so never noticed, especially since the only ISP I ever used announced once
 that cgi was available in userdirs as if it were a new thing.  That's what
 led me to installing Apache on local machines in the first place (I had no
 servers before that).
   NOW it's all clear.

 Sigh.  Again, sorry to trouble you.

 jmh