www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From r..@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: other/2242: problem with 'dbmmanage'
Date Mon, 18 May 1998 11:22:37 GMT

Synopsis: problem with 'dbmmanage'

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: rse
State-Changed-When: Mon May 18 04:22:36 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Your suggested getpass() function is not accepable, because
it doesn't hide the password from printing on the terminal.
But we at least can fix the existing getpass() function
to work correctly even for passwords with "0" chars.
I've fixed it for 1.3b7 now. The incorrect state of
your terminal I cannot reproduce. Actually the usage
of "stty -echo" and "stty echo" is the correct and
most portable way to do it. I don't know of any other
way. But that's not to dramatically. At least the
"0" problem is now fixed. Thanks for your feedback.