www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Phil Dietz <pedi...@west.com>
Subject general/2245: Insure memory checker found errors
Date Mon, 18 May 1998 16:59:01 GMT

>Number:         2245
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Insure memory checker found errors
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Commercial grade memory checker, Insure, generated some problem reports.

At least 5 errors in very preliminary testing of 1.3b6 including:
overwriting memory buffers, accessing strutures through NULL/dangling pointers,
missing parameters passed to functions, and others.

I'd like to work with someone on the Apache Team to do a more complete test of all the modules,
as my test only verified a few.

The error reports --giving the full stack trace and source file and line giving error-- can
be given.

I can run the test on AIX4.2 as well...

Please contact.
Phil Dietz