www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Summerfield <sum...@ami.com.au>
Subject config/3152: Uninformative error message
Date Tue, 06 Oct 1998 06:37:13 GMT

>Number:         3152
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Uninformative error message
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
[root@emu apache_1.3.2]# /usr/sbin/apachectl configtest
/usr/sbin/apachectl: kill: (8369) - No such pid
httpd: module "(null)" is not compatible with this version of Apache.
Please contact the vendor for the correct version.

This error prevents apache from starting (hence serious). What I want to know is which statement
causes the error,.

here's how it's built:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/httpd/conf\
   --localstatedir=/var \
   --logfiledir=/var/log/httpd \
   --enable-module=most \
   --enable-shared=max