www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From rbbl...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: os-windows/3622: Compiling htpasswd.c
Date Mon, 04 Jan 1999 15:49:36 GMT

Synopsis: Compiling htpasswd.c

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: rbbloom@us.ibm.com
State-Changed-When: Mon Jan  4 07:49:35 PST 1999
State-Changed-Why:
This PR has been reported already as PR #1980.  As documented,
Apache for Windows does not support encrypted passwords, so there
is no binary for htpasswd, and no reason to create one.  To use
authentication on Windows, just create the password file with a
text editor.  We are working on a fix to put encrypted passwords in
the Windows release, and we will provide htpasswd with the first version
that supports this function.

Thank you for using Apache.
Class-Changed-From-To: support-duplicate
Class-Changed-By: rbbloom@us.ibm.com
Class-Changed-When: Mon Jan  4 07:49:35 PST 1999
Category-Changed-From-To: config-os-windows
Category-Changed-By: rbbloom@us.ibm.com
Category-Changed-When: Mon Jan  4 07:49:35 PST 1999