www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Don Grose <gro...@logica.com>
Subject os-aix/3684: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache freezes
Date Fri, 15 Jan 1999 18:06:00 GMT

>Number:         3684
>Category:       os-aix
>Synopsis:       ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache freezes
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Release:        1.3.1
>Environment:
Os=AIX4.3
CC=IBM
uname -a=AIX frasier 3 4 001119214C00

I'm still trying to install the product but it's freezing on:

# cd /usr/local/apache
# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.1
 + Warning: no Perl interpreter available for support scripts.
 + Perhaps you have to select one with --with-perl=FILE.
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for IBM AIX 4.3 platform

The script never finishes after the above output.
>How-To-Repeat:
?

Is this because we're on AIX4.3?
>Fix: