www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Burt Alexander <burt.alexan...@linuxstart.com>
Subject mod_jserv/4460: RE: 4452, JServ & JDBC drivers - is too a bug...
Date Sun, 23 May 1999 19:32:03 GMT

>Number:         4460
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       RE: 4452, JServ & JDBC drivers - is too a bug...
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
JServ seems to lose the plot with some JDBC drivers.  The latest I've seen it
was using InstantDB (http://www.instantdb.co.uk) on Linux.  The URL includes
the path to a properties file (jdbc:idb:/path/to/prop_file) and altho the
property file was found & loaded, within it were properties that were directories
& files.  Whether specified relatively or absolutely, these directories could
not be found & a FileNotFoundException gets thrown by the driver.

When I last submitted this I hadn't made the connection with a similar problem
at work.  I had attempted to set up JServ on my laptop to run our servlet product
which uses IBM's UDB at the back end.  I was unable to get it to work, since
an UnsatisfiedLinkError was thrown by the driver - it was unable to find native
code in the path to use the driver, even tho my paths had been set up the same
as the servers'.  I had assumed it was a configuration problem until it was
duplicated when we attempted to install & configure JServ on the server.

It appears that when running under JServ, JDBC drivers are not able to resolve
paths correctly.
>How-To-Repeat:
The quickest way is to download & install InstantDB (its all Java), use their
sample database, write some quick code to create a connection to it & run it
in a servlet. (http://www.instantdb.co.uk)