www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Paul Lindner <paul.lind...@ties.itu.int>
Subject Re: mod_perl/4636: mod_perl destroys PATH variable for subsequent CGI accesses
Date Thu, 01 Jul 1999 08:35:55 GMT
Actually I did some more tests.  It also affects 1.3.6+mod_perl 1.20

Basically the problem is as follows:

 1) Write a simple perl cgi script:

  use CGI; my $q = new CGI; print $q->header; print "<PRE> . `/bin/env`;

  save it in two places, say a.cgi and b.cgi

 2) Make sure that Apache::Registry is set up to handle one script, say
    a.cgi

 3) Test the non-registry script first.  PATH will be set correctly

 4) Try the registry script, PATH is destroyed.  It is also destroyed
    forever after (test the non-registry script to see what I mean)

 5) Adding an explicit PerlSetEnv PATH fixes the problems for the registry
    scripts, but does nothing for the non-registry scripts.

I eventually ended up using suexec to do the regular scripts.  (suexec
explicitly sets the path...)

Thanks.

On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 07:12:25AM -0000, ask@apache.org wrote:
> [If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
> [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request ]
> [from a developer.                                      ]
> [Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!         ]
>

> Synopsis: mod_perl destroys PATH variable for subsequent CGI accesses
>
> Comment-Added-By: ask
> Comment-Added-When: Thu Jul  1 00:12:23 PDT 1999
> Comment-Added:
> Could you please come up with a test case where this happens? What do you mean by "CGI
accesses"? (which only makes limited sense in a mod_perl context)

--
Paul Lindner                            paul.lindner@itu.int
International Telecommunication Union   http://people.itu.int/~lindner/