www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Benjamin Dodge <...@netspace.org>
Subject general/4688: environment variable REMOTE_GROUP not set
Date Fri, 02 Jul 1999 23:14:11 GMT

>Number:         4688
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       environment variable REMOTE_GROUP not set
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.3.6
>Environment:
HP-UX hpctlbkd B.10.20 A 9000/782 2009930158 two-user license
/opt/CC/bin/CC:
        HP C++ HPCPLUSPLUS  A.10.40
/opt/ansic/bin/cc:
              LINT G.10.32.05 CXREF  G.10.32.05
        HP92453-01 G.10.32.05 HP C Compiler
         /usr/lib/libc: $Revision: 76.3 $
Under httpd_1.5.2a-export, REMOTE_GROUP is set to the group AuthGroup that the
REMOTE_USER belongs to. For instance, I have a cgi that requires a user be
in one of a few groups. Depending on the group, I change the access priviledges.
I could easily determine the group under NCSA httpd by looking at the
REMOTE_GROUP variable. Under Apache, I must read in the .htgroups file and
figure out which groups the user belongs to.
>How-To-Repeat:
See above.
>Fix:
Do what NCSA httpd 1.5.2a did.