www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Greg Payne <gpa...@galena-park.isd.tenet.edu>
Subject general/4704: Netscape loading web pages as text/plain instead of html
Date Tue, 06 Jul 1999 16:48:54 GMT

>Number:         4704
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Netscape loading web pages as text/plain instead of html
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Some pages appear as html source code instead of web pages.  This problem occurs predominantly
in Netscape -various versions-, but I have seen it happen in Internet Explorer as well (different
versions).
>How-To-Repeat:
Seems to only occur in Netscape when loading pages ending in .htm as opposed to .html.
>Fix:
Edit mime.types in the configuration directory.  Change the line that says:
text/html     html htm