www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Joel York <w15...@email.mot.com>
Subject os-windows/4745: Service name command line option not allowed.
Date Tue, 20 Jul 1999 23:10:30 GMT

>Number:         4745
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Service name command line option not allowed.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When following the instructions on http://www.apache.org/docs/windows.html for
starting Apache as a Windows Service, it seems that it does not accept the
-n argument for giving the name of the service. It works fine if the -n
parameter is omitted (defaulting to service name "apache").
Try to use the -n parameter as explained on http://www.apache.org/docs/windows.html.
>Fix:
Probably a simple change. Most likely when the precompiled version of Apache
was made, someone forgot to make sure this code was compiled in (I'm assuming
the code exists, since its effects are documented; if not, it should be
simple code to write and if I had a compiler, I'd do it).