www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Magnus Bodin <mag...@bodin.org>
Subject other/4806: http://dev.apache.org/fetch-from-cvs.txt does not work. A corrected one is attatched.
Date Sun, 01 Aug 1999 18:04:22 GMT

>Number:         4806
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       http://dev.apache.org/fetch-from-cvs.txt  does not work. A corrected one
is attatched.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 07:21:43 +0200 (CEST)
From: Magnus Bodin <magnus@bodin.org>
To: new-httpd@apache.org
Subject: fetch-from-cvs-script revisited

On Tue, 03 Feb 1998 Doug MacEachern wrote:

> This script will fetch the latest tarball in from-cvs/ and unpack it
> in $dir I posted it a few months ago, maybe it should be made
> available somewhere on dev.apache.org?

Regarding Doug MacEacherns script at
   http://dev.apache.org/fetch-from-cvs.txt

I would propose that it is replaced with this changed version.
I now works (as the directory structure, link names etc has changed)
again. It also features easy change of version.

/magnus

-- %< --- cut here --------- %< ---------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use URI::URL ();
use HTML::LinkExtor ();
use LWP::Simple;
use File::Path;

my $ver = '1.3';
my $dir = shift || "/tmp/apache_$ver-dev";
my $cvs = "http://dev.apache.org/from-cvs/apache-$ver/";
my $filptn = "apache-$ver\_";

rmtree $dir;
mkpath $dir, 0755;

chdir $dir;

my $p = HTML::LinkExtor->new(\&cb, $cvs);
my $cnt;

sub cb {
    my($tag, %links) = @_;
    return unless exists $links{href} and $links{href} =~ /$fileptn/;
    return unless ++$cnt == 4;

    my $file = URI::URL->new($links{href})->rel($cvs);
    warn "mirror $links{href} => $file\n";

    mirror $links{href} => $file;
    system "gunzip < $file | tar -xvf -";
    unlink $file;