www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ben Kelley <ben_kel...@wdr.com>
Subject Re: mod_jserv/4790: ajp11: cannot scan servlet headers inmod_jserv.log
Date Tue, 03 Aug 1999 23:10:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/4790; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ben Kelley <ben_kelley@wdr.com>
To: jon * <jon@clearink.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: mod_jserv/4790: ajp11: cannot scan servlet headers inmod_jserv.log
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 08:59:29 +1000

 --------------FD34BDC3D4762BEF40B53513

 Hi.

 I haven't had a chance to fully test the code, but the piece of code that I
 believe to be incorrect is essentially unchanged in the new version.

 The old version of jserv_ajpv11.c, lines 419-426 are:

 >     /* Receive the response from JServ */
 >     ap_hard_timeout("ajpv11-read", r);
 >     if (ret=ap_scan_script_header_err_buff(r,buffsocket,NULL)) {
 >         ap_kill_timeout(r);
 >         jserv_error(JSERV_LOG_EMERG,cfg,"ajp11: %s",
 >                     "cannot scan servlet headers");
 >         return SERVER_ERROR;
 >     }

 In the new version, lines 462-469 of jserv_ajpv12.c read:

 >     /* Receive the response from JServ */
 >     ap_hard_timeout("ajpv12-read", r);
 >     if (ret=ap_scan_script_header_err_buff(r,buffsocket,NULL)) {
 >         ap_kill_timeout(r);
 >         jserv_error(JSERV_LOG_EMERG,cfg,"ajp12: %s",
 >                     "cannot scan servlet headers");
 >         return SERVER_ERROR;
 >     }

 The problem is how the return code form ap_scan_script_header_err_buff is
 handled. It seems that ap_scan_script_header_err_buff returns the HTTP status
 of the request. In the case of something like a 304 response, both of these
 pieces of code will signal an error. The if statement is checking for non-zero

 This is what was happening with my servlet that generated a Last-Modified
 header. I found this by changing lines 466,467 (in the old version) to
 something like:

 >         jserv_error(JSERV_LOG_EMERG,cfg,"ajp12: %s %d",
 >                     "cannot scan servlet headers", ret);

 This showed that ret had a value of 304. Definitely not an error.

 I will try to find some time to test the code, but unfortunately I am a bit
 busy this week. :(

             - Ben Kelley.

 --
 Ben Kelley - ben_kelley@wdr.com         Ph +61 2 9324 2382
 Java Architect - Equities IT - Warburg Dillon Read

 throw new UserErrorException("User Error: " +
     "Replace user and press <enter> to continue");

 Warburg Dillon Read - Sydney - Australia - Earth etc etc

 --------------FD34BDC3D4762BEF40B53513

 begin:vcard
 n:Kelley;Ben
 tel;fax:+61 2 9324 2400
 tel;work:+61 2 9324 2382
 x-mozilla-html:TRUE
 url:http://www.ozemail.com.au/~bkelley
 org:Warburg Dillon Read;Information Technology
 version:2.1
 email;internet:ben_kelley@wdr.com
 title:Technical Consultant
 adr;quoted-printable:;;Level 24, Governor Phillip Tower=0D=0A1 Farrer Place;Sydney;NSW;2000;Australia
 x-mozilla-cpt:;31680
 fn:Ben Kelley
 end:vcard

 --------------FD34BDC3D4762BEF40B53513