www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From rede...@raleigh.ibm.com
Subject Re: mod_access/4770: deny from subnet doesn't deny access
Date Wed, 04 Aug 1999 20:17:44 GMT

Synopsis: deny from subnet doesn't deny access

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: rederpj@raleigh.ibm.com
State-Changed-When: Wed Aug  4 13:17:33 PDT 1999
State-Changed-Why:
I have worked to reproduce this but cannot. I assume that you
had the specified Deny clause within a container (Directory?).

Since I do not know what your specified Order was or if there
was a specified Allow clause I cannot be completely certain
of my successful results.

If the Deny is specified inside a valid container and the
Order is specified as allow,deny (if Allow is less restrictive
such as Allow from All), and the provided Deny clauses are
used, it denies access for both cases in my tests.

If you can provide more detail to show how you are getting
it to fail, it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise the
conclusion has to be that it is currently working on version
1.3.7-dev of Apache. You may wish to run your tests on your
version and on the latest version (if your version still
fails).