www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Stefan Walcz ...@xmachina.de>
Subject Re: mod_jserv/4817: DSO build impossible
Date Thu, 05 Aug 1999 17:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/4817; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Stefan Walcz <sw@xmachina.de>
To: Ed Korthof <ed@cloudfactory.org>
Cc: Stefan Walcz <sw@xmachina.de>,apbugs@hyperreal.org,apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: mod_jserv/4817: DSO build impossible
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 19:11:49 +0100

 At 08:19 05.08.99 -0700, Ed Korthof wrote:
 >supporting DSOs is done by including mod_so in your build -- please check
 >to see if it's present, with 'httpd -l'.  If not, you need to run
 >configure with --enable-module=so before building Apache.
 >
 >If that's not the problem, please indicate so.  FYI, it is possible to
 >build DSOs, at least with some configurations (this is more actively
 >maintained than static compilation).
 >
 >hth --
 >
 >Ed
 HI,

 mod_so is included in apache, in fact as mentioned below, I did compile it with

 --enable-shared=most --enable-module=max that should actually include
 --enable-module=so. If I do a httpd -l only mod_core and mod_so are listed.

 so the Problem seems to be somewhere else. FYI this works all fine under
 debian Linux and Sparc Solaris 2.6. Maybe it is a bug in the Solaris 2.7
 Environment.

 >On 4 Aug 1999, Stefan Walcz wrote:
 >
 > > >Number:         4817
 > > >Category:       mod_jserv
 > > >Synopsis:       DSO build impossible
 > > >Confidential:   no
 > > >Severity:       non-critical
 > > configure does not recognize that apache has been built with DSO
 > support when using the
 > > the --with-apache-install parameter
 > > >How-To-Repeat:
 > > try to build apache with --enable-shared=most --enable-module=max (or
 > was it the other way around ;-)) on solaris 7
 > > then try to build jserv as a module.
 > > >Fix:
 > > sorry no
 > > >Audit-Trail:
 > > >Unformatted:
 > > [In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, you need]
 > > [to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]
 > > [subject line starts with the report component and number, with ]
 > > [or without any 'Re:' prefixes (such as "general/1098:" or      ]
 > > ["Re: general/1098:").  If the subject doesn't match this       ]
 > > [pattern, your message will be misfiled and ignored.  The       ]
 > > ["apbugs" address is not added to the Cc line of messages from  ]
 > > [the database automatically because of the potential for mail   ]
 > > [loops.  If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
 > > [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request from a  ]
 > > [developer.  Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!     ]

 -
 {
 { stefan walcz
 { xmachina GmbH