www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Hacksaw <hack...@privatecircus.com>
Subject Re: config/5581: Virtual hosts never work at all, you only get the main page.
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2000 18:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/5581; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Hacksaw <hacksaw@privatecircus.com>
To: vsolve apache <vsolve_apache@yahoo.com>
Cc: submit@bugz.apache.org, apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: config/5581: Virtual hosts never work at all, you only get the
 main page.
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:21:24 -0500

 > In given conf entry
 >
 > ServerName privatecircus.com  -- 2 octets address
 > ServerAlias *.privatecircus.org --  3 octets address
 >
 > Make the both entry in equal number of octets address
 > and do the correction in Domain Name Server A & CNAME
 > entry.

 The length of address thing makes no sense to me. I tried it, because I'll be
 the first to admit that occasionally things are non-intuitive, but why should
 apache care how many sections the name had? It should not.

 The documentation on ServerAlias is pretty sparse as well.

 In any case it fails just as ably if I comment out the ServerAlias lines
 entirely.

 I did have a misspelling, there is no privatecircus.org, but correcting it
 solves nothing.