www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jeff Hutchison <j...@inst.strykercorp.com>
Subject mod_jserv/5602: AdaptiveClassLoader will not load resource from zipfile
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:30:21 GMT

>Number:         5602
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       AdaptiveClassLoader will not load resource from zipfile
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    jserv
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jan 18 13:40:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     jhut@inst.strykercorp.com
>Release:        Apache 1.3.9 + JServ 1.1
I've found a bug in AdaptiveClassLoader.loadResourceFromZipfile. This
method returns an InputStream with zipfile.getInputStream from within the
main block of a try/catch/finally statement and then calls zipfile.close
from within the finally block of the same.  When I commented out the
finally block of the try/catch/finally, it works fine.  (This is how it
was up through 1.1b3.)

Grossly paraphrased it's doing this:

try {
        return zipfile.getInputStream(entry);
} catch (IOException ex) {
        return null;
} finally {
        zipfile.close();
}

>How-To-Repeat:
Attempt to load property file from repository jar file.
>Fix:
Remove finally block, zipfile should close when gc'd.