www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jason Matheson <ja...@calexis.com>
Subject mod_auth-any/5660: .htpass does not work - password mismatch error
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2000 20:49:54 GMT

>Number:         5660
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       .htpass does not work - password mismatch error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jan 27 12:50:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     jason@calexis.com
>Release:        Apache 1.3.9 Server
I am using the htpasswd program with the -c switch.
I keep getting an Authentication Failure when trying to login to a page
that is protected by .htaccess / .htpasswd.
The Apache error logs indicate a password mismatch error:

user Jason: authentication failure for "/home/": password mismatch

The strange thing is that this .htpasswd file works fine on my old BSDi 2.0
machine - with an old 1.2.x version of Apache.

I have checked newsgroups and searched this entire site but havn't found any
answers.

Thanks