www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Alan <Davidsp...@Linked.to>
Subject os-windows/5662: CGI executions pops up window
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:09:44 GMT

>Number:         5662
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       CGI executions pops up window
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jan 27 14:10:01 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Davidspost@Linked.to
>Release:        1.3.9
Every time I run my CGI program, which is a MS-DOS executable
compiled in Borland C, Apache forks a process which visually opens
a window on my Desktop for the 200ms or so that my program executes.
This is very annoying.  It did not happen on 1.3.3 or 1.3.6.  (Presumably
because they did not seem to fork new processes but exec'ed the CGI
locally, but that's a guess.)
>How-To-Repeat:
I don't have a demo setup, but if you can't easily recreate but want to
track it, let me know and where to email the needed files.
>Fix:
Fork process the same way 1.3.6 did.
Better yet, allow a way to run the CGI process through a .pif so that
it can be configured to run miminized.  (Or however else you get things
to run minimized.)