www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From James Russell <James_Russ...@scee.net>
Subject general/6152: IP address is always logged as 0.0.0.0
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2000 17:23:09 GMT

>Number:         6152
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       IP address is always logged as 0.0.0.0
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jun 06 10:30:01 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     James_Russell@scee.net
>Release:        1.3.12
Apache compiles and installs with no problems straight out of the box.
All the webservers work. But all the IP addresses of the clients are logged as 0.0.0.0. This
is affecting my desired security, as I'd like to restrict access based on client IP. no matter
what IP address the client comes from, it is always considered to be 0.0.0.0.
>How-To-Repeat:
Well, I just unpacked apache, ran ./configure, then make, then make install. Couldn't be simpler!
>Fix:
Maybe some IRIX problem not returning the IP address. But I doubt it.