www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Nick Campbeln <campb...@isontheweb.com>
Subject os-windows/6286: If Apache is running at shutdown, dialog asks if you'd like to shutdown Apache, a 'Yes' crashes the system.
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2000 02:25:03 GMT

>Number:         6286
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       If Apache is running at shutdown, dialog asks if you'd like to shutdown
Apache, a 'Yes' crashes the system.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I do not have Apache installed in it's standard directory, mine is in 'C:\Program Files\WebServer\Apache'
(note the space as a possible problem?). Run Apache on a Win98, R2 system then try and either
Shutdown or Restart the system while Apache is running. You should see a dialog box that reads
'[APACHE] You must quit this program before you quit Windows. Click OK to quit the program
and Windows, or click Cancel to continue running the program and Windows. [OK] [Cancel]'.
Click 'Cancel' DOES NOT generate an error. Clicking 'OK' does. Apache crashes =(
>How-To-Repeat:
Please see description section.
>Fix:
I believe the problem MIGHT lie in a hardcoded path that is attached to the above mentioned
shutdown dialog. Or it might possibially be an issue with the space in the path to my Apache
directory?