www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mike Dietz <diet...@pscts.com>
Subject general/6295: ServerTokens not working
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:03:42 GMT

>Number:         6295
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       ServerTokens not working
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I am adding the servertoken line to the httpd.conf file, stopping the server, then restarting,

--cut httpd.conf--
ServerTokens ProductOnly
--end cut httpd.conf--

however, when I telnet localhost and do a HTTP://1.1 POST, I get the following:
--cut output--
web2: # telnet localhost 80
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
HTTP://1.1 POST Sdjkaf

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:40:44 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)  (Red Hat/Linux) PHP/3.0.15 mod_perl/1.21
Connection: close
--end cut output--