www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jon Smirl <jonsm...@mediaone.net>
Subject os-windows/6304: module initialization is called twice form main task
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:26:02 GMT

>Number:         6304
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       module initialization is called twice form main task
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
ap_init_modules() is called twice, once from post_parse_init() and once from master_main().
It is also called when the child tasks are started.

1) Is post_parse_init() necessary when master_main will initialize all of the modules anyway?
2) I'm trying to initialize a database connection that takes about 25 seconds. I only need
to do this once. How can I tell which of the two ap_init_modules() calls from the main task
I'm in? I can't set a flag in my module because reiniting clears all the variables.
3) How can I tell if I'm initing from the main task or a child? I need to make sure my main
task init code doesn't run in the child.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
post_parse_init() looks to be unnecessary.
Make a flag in the server_rec struc if main or child task.